With our new bulk upload feature, you can publish many books at once. It means that you can upload your books not just manually one by one, but you can upload many books in once (without limitation) as well speeding up your administrative processes. Bulk upload is unique in the industry. It’s a quick and automatized method in order to publish all of your books to the largest stores and libraries in the shortest time possible. PublishDrive is the most intelligent ebook publishing platform made for you. Try it now!
Overview about our new feature
- You need to fill out an Excel sheet with the right data such as title, contributor(s), publication date, description, etc.
- You have to upload your epubs and cover files to our sftp site.
- Wait until the epub validator finishes the quality assurance process and upload your ebooks.
How can you publish many books?
First of all, log in to your PublishDrive account.
Download the template and open in Excel.
Check the ‘PD Import’. (You will write your book’s metadata here.)
Read the ‘Field for import’ sheet for more information.
Fill out the ‘PD import’ sheet with your books metadata.
Important Things to Know
- Mandatory fields: Contributor(s), Title, Language, Number of pages, Category (BISAC), Explicit content, Description, Copyright, Recommended retail price, Publication date.
- If you don’t have an ISBN, you can leave it blank.
- You can leave Publisher/Imprint blank if you have only one Imprint in PublishDrive system.
- Provide name in standard “Last name, First name” format.
- Provide the publication date in YYYY.MM.DD format.
- Please check all of the sheets (Target audience, Languages, BISAC Category, Territories, Copyright).
- Name the files isbn.epub, isbn.jpg, for example: 9789635507399.epub, 9789635507399.jpg (If you need unique identifier you can use [ISBN].epub and [ISBN].jpg)
When your excel is ready, you have to upload your epubs and cover files to PublishDrive’s sftp site.
For this step, you should download WinSCP or FileZilla.
Open WinSCP or Filezilla and connect to PublishDrive’s sftp site with Hostname, Port number, Username and Password.
Upload your files and close the program.
Now import the xls file to PublishDrive platform. Please provide what to do with titles after import:
- Import and send to stores – after successful import titles will be sent to stores you won’t be able to edit them until the end of book validation process (same as you pushed “Send to stores” button after normal upload)
- Import as draft – after successful import the titles remain draft: you will be able the edit them, but also have to push the “Send to stores” button for all the imported titles one-by-one (same as you uploaded the titles at normal way but not pushed the “Send to stores” button).
Please be patient, until all the checks are finished – this can take long depending on the number of titles and size of the content files. If any error pops up follow the instruction and fix them.
Click on the “Import Books” button that appears at the bottom of the page after all checks are done. As a result, your books were sent to the reviewer.