Technical Business Analyst
PublishDrive, the simple and effective all-in-one global publishing solution, is hiring a Technical Business Analyst..
Who we are:
We started with a simple idea—that everyone should be able to publish their books—and we’ve been rethinking the publishing journey ever since.
PublishDrive gives authors and independent publishers the power to publish ebooks, print books, serials, audiobooks, and translated works for foreign markets through more than 50 partners and retailers in more countries around the world. We integrate marketing tools and a reporting dashboard in our platform. And instead of charging authors and publishers additional royalties every time they sell a book, we charge one flat fee in order to control expenses and keep every cent of the royalties earned.
What we’re aiming for:
PublishDrive is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Technical Business Analyst to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of both the business logic and technical stack, with a proven track record of translating high-level business needs to detailed technical requirements. In this role, you will work closely with the product manager to understand the high-level business requirements and will be responsible for defining detailed technical solutions for them.
As our Technical Business Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain an in-depth, technical level understanding of our IT infrastructure (See details below)
- Translate high-level business requirements into detailed technical, ready-to-develop requirements/specification by collaborating with UX designer, Data Engineer, VP of Engineering, QA expert.
- Work closely with the product manager and CTO to ensure the technical solutions meet the business requirements.
- Occasionally work with representatives of other departments: Communication, Operations, Finance.
- Conduct research and analysis on emerging technologies and industry trends to provide recommendations on potential solutions.
- Identify and troubleshoot escalated issues and work with cross-functional teams to develop and implement effective solutions.
- Provide technical guidance and support to development teams throughout the development lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain project documentation including functional and technical specifications, test plans
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other teams in ad-hoc question and on dedicated sessions.
- Create internal documentation and guides to help other teams understand the business logic and way of working in the platform
You are a perfect team member, if you have:
- Experience in a technical business analyst role, with a deep understanding of both the business logic and technical stack
- Proven track record of translating high-level business needs into detailed technical requirements.
- Strong understanding and experience of the following technologies and tools:
- Sql (MySQL)
- PhP (Laravel)
- Standardized data exchange (API, Webhook, SOAP)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to find solutions to complex technical problems. That kind of person who always have solution for a problem
- Experience with Web development
- Financial experience, with the ability to plan financial-related processes.
- Ability to create internal documentation and guides to help other teams understand the business logic and technical stack.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience with digital financial providers or services (online payment, fintech)
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software, such as JIRA, Trello, or Asana.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Saas development
What you can expect from us
We have an international team working in different time zones.
Benefits and advantages:
- Competitive salary for full-time engagement
- Hungarian employment with a hybrid work model (80% off-site, 20% on-site in Budapest)
- Benefits as cafeteria, medicover insurance
- Excellent work equipment
- Young and fun work environment in a scaling startup company. For those in Budapest, enjoy a modern coworking office near Corvin mall
- International clients (from more than 100 countries), mostly from the US and UK
- Many opportunities for development
- Self-directed work with autonomy and the focus on results
- Flexible working
- Opportunities to participate in professional conferences and events in different countries
- Team buildings in Budapest
If you are a highly motivated Technical Business Analyst/Translator with a passion for finding creative solutions to complex technical problems and sharing your knowledge with other teams, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity with PublishDrive.
Apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and Linkedin profile.