PublishDrive is expanding its self-publishing platform full speed ahead! Our newest addition is Empik, Poland’s #1 retailer of books, international press, and media products. The leading retailer captures 61% of the online book market in Poland, and we’re excited to help you reach their audience in no time. We go over everything you need to know below.
What is Empik?
Empik is Poland’s largest retailer of online books, providing ebooks and audiobooks on its subscription mobile app (Empik Go) with over 250,000 monthly users.
How’s the book market?
The Polish book market saw a growth rate of 9% in 2020, making it one of the fastest-growing book markets in Europe. Overall, the Polish book market is valued at over 550M EUR.
- Poland captures around 7% of the publishing market in Europe.
- Ebook sales in Poland surged by 32% in 2020 compared to 2019 (despite the pandemic).
- Empik is the leading book retailer in Poland, accounting for 61% of the online book market.
- Additionally, Empik reaches other territories in Europe and Asia.
- On the mobile app Empik Go, audiobooks were most popular by capturing 49% of sales. Ebooks captured 40%.
Also, Empik Go uses a subscription business model, a lucrative store type that helped our indies make 55% more sales in 2020 via PublishDrive. Digital is the way.
Why Empik through PublishDrive?
We’re the first self-publishing platform to partner with Empik. That means our indies would be the first to provide their digital content to Empik’s audience. Are you excited? ‘Cause we are!
Our partnership allows for special book promotion collaborations as well. PublishDrive indies can access a suite of marketing tools to get featured with Empik, run price promotions, and much more. For those with a large catalog, bulk book import helps speed up the book upload and management process.
Let’s go over how to get your content up and running on Empik –
How to distribute your book to Empik
If you’re already distributing through PublishDrive:
- We require no action from you. We will automatically send your ebook and audiobook title(s) to Empik. (If you don’t wish to distribute to Empik, disable the channel under your account by going to ‘Books’ or ‘Imprint settings’: log in.)
- See our help guide for more details.
If you’re not on PublishDrive:
- Sign up for a PublishDrive account (free to use for 14 days).
Go through the book upload process (with your manuscript or audio files).
- Then simply enable the store under your distribution options.
And that’s it. Ready to reach Poland’s #1 book retailer?