Are you a fiction writer or publisher looking for a hot market to sell in? As one of PublishDrive’s top channels for book sales, don’t miss out on the Dreame reading app – most popular for fiction works. To fully maximize your reach and selling potential, you want to publish wide in every market as you can. Let’s go over what is Dreame app and how to get started.
This write-up goes over:
- What is Dreame app?
- Is the Dreame app worth it?
- How does Dreame work?
- How do authors earn royalties through Dreame?
- How to sell to Dreame reading app?
What Is Dreame App?
The Dreame reading app originally catered to the Southeast Asia market for English-speaking readers between the ages of 18 and 35 (especially popular with female romance readers). Within its first year, the app achieved over 3 million downloads and an average of 1.2 million monthly readers. Today, Dreame is a leading reading app in Singapore, Indonesia, the Philippines, the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, and India. Currently, Dreame accepts fiction genre only.
Is the Dreame app worth it?
In 2019, Dreame was added to the online self-publishing platform PublishDrive, giving tens of thousands of indie authors and publishers a new market to distribute to. The addition became widely lucrative. Since 2019, the Dreame reading app has consistently landed in PublishDrive’s top 10 stores for book sales growth – alongside giant retailers like Amazon, Apple Books, Google Play Books, and Barnes & Noble.
Most recently, from 2022 to 2023, PublishDrive indies experienced a 120% increase in book sales from Dreame. The growth doesn’t seem to be slowing down any time soon.
Plus, Dreame reaches the UK, Canada, and Australia:
- 2022 was a “record-breaking year” for the UK publishing industry where digital sales were up by 2% and fiction up by 9%. Book distribution to the UK is a must.
- Book distribution to Canada saw a growing interest in digital books, with juvenile and YA books taking the lead.
- Self-publishing in Australia is growing in prominence. Book sales saw a 7% increase in 2022, according to Nielson BookData.
P.S. Self-publishing in Canada, Australia, the UK, plus everywhere else has never been easier with PublishDrive. It takes just a simple upload of your book files to get started. See all the stores you can reach with PublishDrive.
How Does Dreame Work?
Dreame is a unique reading app that uses an episodic model. Instead of buying the entire ebook at once, readers pay with virtual Dreame coins to unlock each new episode content. Books are divided into 1,000-word episodes.
How Do Authors Earn Royalties Through Dreame?
Dreame uses an episodic transaction model. As mentioned, books are 1,000-word episodes. Readers pay $1.00 for 100 coins; 1 coin unlocks 100 words. So, $1.00 could unlock a 10,000-word story.
However, to give readers a preview, 10% of every book is made available for free. So, a book with 50,000 words may retail for $4.50 (45,000 words / 10,000). The author’s royalty rate is up to 25% of the retail price. And, readers may not pay for the full content and instead for certain segments at a time.
How to Sell to Dreame Reading App?
Now, how to get your content listed on Dreame? There are two ways:
- Sign up directly with Dreame to set up your book.
- Use PublishDrive to distribute to Dreame + hundreds of other stores.
Going directly to Dreame is pretty simple. All you have to do is sign up and follow the story upload process. This is a sweet option if you’re just starting out as a fiction writer and looking to publish with one channel at a time. You can also enroll in Dreame writer benefits for monetary perks.
However, if you’re already selling books to other platforms or have an ambitious distribution strategy, I recommend using PublishDrive to easily distribute your content to Dreame and other stores. With PublishDrive, you can manage your entire publishing across numerous stores and marketplaces.
It’s easy to distribute to Dreame with PublishDrive:
- Sign up for PublishDrive. It's free to create an account and try for 14 days. Then, you can subscribe to a monthly plan, which, authors earn more with subscription-based aggregation.
- Upload your content.
- Fill out metadata information like book description.
- Enable Dreame and other stores you’d like.
- Hit submit for a quick review by PublishDrive’s industry experts.
Here’s what else with PublishDrive:
- One dashboard is all you need to sell in every store and country possible – including hard-to-reach markets like China and niche spaces like Dreame.
- Access a suite of book promotions to run ads, land features, participate in special sales events with retailers, and more.
- Get real-time sales analytics, automated royalty reports, and beyond.
- Publish and manage ebooks, audiobooks, and print books under one roof.
- Join indie authors and publishers who doubled their book sales in 2022 with PublishDrive.
A Deeper Case Study . . .
PublishDrive is the only aggregator that Dreame works with. This means PublishDrive is the only 3rd-party platform you can use to distribute to Dreame and other stores (otherwise, you'd have to go directly to Dreame).
Many indies find success publishing to multiple stores along with Dreame. For bestselling author Quinn Loftis, the Dreame reading app became a significant chunk of her revenue:
“When you guys brought up Dreame, that was a game-changer for sure...When we first got our Dreame check, it was almost equal to iBooks and everything else combined except for Amazon. I was really shocked at how much revenue Dreame generates.”
Watch PublishDrive in action: