We mention how easy it is to self-publish with PublishDrive, kinda all the time. Let’s take a look at just how easy it is from start to finish. Here’s your quick run-through of one of the world’s favorite self-publishing platforms for content creators.
For a deeper look, check out this guide.
P.S. It’s free to create an account on PublishDrive.
Logging in for the first time
After first logging in, you have options for:
- Uploading your book
- Personalizing your experience with “I am an author” or “I am a publisher”
- Viewing bestsellers from PublishDrive
Uploading your book
The book upload process will help you through formatting requirements, setting up metadata, distribution settings, and more.
Submitting your book for review
After setting up your book, hit submit to send it to PublishDrive’s review team. The review shouldn’t take more than a week.
Your main dashboard
After your book is approved, you’ll see an expanded view of your main dashboard with information on:
- Weekly sales performance: number of books sold, royalty earnings, bestselling titles/series, and trends
- Book statuses and formats: number of books “incomplete”, “processing”, “published”, and more
- Promotions data: Amazon ads, featured campaigns, and price promo campaigns. Learn more about PublishDrive’s book promotions.
- Personalization: choice to tick “author” or “publisher” for a more personalized experience
- Upcoming payments: amount and date of scheduled payment
- Tips to boost sales: for reaching more sales, running promotions, and more
- Activity feed: all book activities